The area at which point Mission Viejo CA is situated was a section of the 52,000-acre of the area Rancho Mission Viejo. The title for the area on which the city, Mission Viejo CA is located goes back to July 27, 1769. It is the year when Gaspar de Portola drove an expeditionary power from Mexico through Southern California. He rested for some time in southeast Orange County, particularly the slopes and valleys which frame today’s Mission Viejo CA city. Devoting the area for Spain, Portola set a robust phase for what might happen seven years after the mission, when the area saw the primary effort to come up with Mission San Juan Capistrano. In spite of the fact that absence of water constrained the friars to migrate and the concerns of this old operation remain a secret, the title Mission Viejo CA stomachs an affirmation to this present structure’s stopover in San Juan Canyon over and above 200 years ago.
After Mexico gained its autonomy from the Spanish people in 1821, another flag flew in California. The missions, earlier set up to promote the spread of the Christian confidence, got to be secularized, and their unfathomable landholdings were allowed as farms to wealthy natives. The only man who happened to remain in the convenient spot at the perfect time was a merchant named John Forster. John or Juan from England. He was lucky to marry the Mexican representative’s sister and procured three ranchos commonly referred to as Mission Viejo, Los Potreros, and El Trabuco. Be that as it may, destiny did not favor Don Juan Forster. The fencing of 205,000 acres of land depleted his capital, continued dry spells devastated his cattle, and worthless endeavors to attract the pioneers went away with his final credit. At the point when Forster died, his home was in shambles, and his children were compelled to offer.
In 1907, Richard O’Neill, who was a cattleman from Ireland gained a unified enthusiasm for Rancho El Trabuco and Rancho Mission Viejo, as a component of the extensive 200,000 acres of land Rancho Santa Margarita y Las Flores. The land extended from current El Toro Road to Oceanside as well as backcountry. In the 1940s, the central part of the great farm was sold to the United States Bureau of Defense which was to create the foundation of the Camp Pendleton. Therefore, the O’Neill family was left with 52,000 acres of land referred to as Rancho Mission Viejo, in Orange County.
In 1963, O`Neill family conducted a comprehensive study which demonstrated the fact that urbanization was diffusing into Los Angeles zone from the South. O’Neill’s grandchildren, Alice O’Neill Avery, and Richard O’Neill, being directed by Alice’s child, Anthony R. Moiso, unequivocally addressed the issues of the rapidly increasing population by coming up with Mission Viejo Company. Furthermore, they took another stride in the improvement of the initial 10,000 acres of land in their territory.
In 1965, the ground-breaking blueprint for Mission Viejo CA was confirmed by Orange County Board of Supervisors. After one year, Forster’s vision of drawing more settlers became a success as many families agreed to pay $21,000 to acquire homes in his previous cattle range. In April 1966, these revolutionary inhabitants migrated to the new environs close to the crossing point of Chrisanta Drive and La Paz Road.